The Salcido Connection (SCI) is a member of the Salcido Group of Companies and is growing in all areas of service and construction throughout Central and Eastern Washington. The Salcido
Connection works diligently to design, install, and maintain building systems while providing
the highest standard of ethics and customer service. Our team stands firmly behind all our work with an uncompromising level of superior service and integrity. We strive to be on time, professional and courteous.
We have one estimator position open. The ideal candidate will have experience in HVAC and sheet metal estimating, with special consideration given to someone with electrical estimating. These types of estimates include labor, materials and subcontractors required to complete minor and major repairs and equipment replacement as well as small to medium size commercial and industrial projects. This estimator negotiates and purchases materials from suppliers, processes and maintains purchase orders and processes verbal or written job scopes from technicians.
HVAC and Sheet Metal Estimator
This position is critical to the success and growth of Salcido Connections. Duties to include:
- Estimating and writing formal proposals for HVAC jobs of all sizes.
- Participating in pre-bid walkthroughs with customers and General Contractors.
- Communicating with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects.
- Reviewing and evaluating cost estimates and purchase orders for major materials.
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with vendors and contractors.
- Ensuring prioritized and timely completion of all estimates.
- Understanding full scopes of work to bid as it relates to all disciplines offered by SCI.
If you have the following traits, you just might be the perfect addition to the team:
- Strong background in HVAC and building controls estimating, with preference given to electrical estimating experience as well.
- Strong understanding of the construction and HVAC service industry as it relates to current codes and technologies.
- Able to read and understand construction plans.
- Strong understanding of the construction process and methods.
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Respect for confidentiality
- Professional work ethic
- Can-do attitude
- Extreme initiative
- Ability to manage and juggle multiple details- often simultaneously
- Creative problem-solving skills
- A self-directed and autonomous work ethic
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and grow your skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Creative, open-minded, fun personality
If we’ve just described you, do you also have:
- At least 5 years’ worth of project coordination or related experience?
- At least 3 references?
If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references by June 15,
2018 by using the form at right, or emailing:
Subject line: HVAC and Sheet Metal Estimator
Pay and benefits:
This is a full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience.